Looking for a quick guide to all things Halloween in the Brainerd Lakes Area? I’ve put a little something together for boo… I mean YOU:
ALL THINGS HALLOWEEN
- Crossing Arts in Brainerd presents its newest exhibition “Costume Party,” A Halloween Themed Exhibition with artwork by Jim Cook, Gregory Iirr, Martin Nelson, Tony Powers and Chase Vreeland. “Costume Party” is a fun, weird, and spooky exhibition by these artists from across the country. It will be up and running now through Oct. 30th at Crossing Arts on Laurel Street in Brainerd. For more info, visit CrossingArts.org.
- Do you dare to venture into a haunted woods? Take a haunted hayride through the woods and explore 4 haunted buildings – but be sure to keep an eye out for creatures lurking in the shadows during the Holst Acres Haunted Hollow Hayride in Staples. The event is recommended for kids 13 and older as some content may NOT be suitable for children. The hayride will run from 7:30 to 10:30 on Fri. & Sat. Oct. 22nd and 23rd (and again on Fri Oct. 29th and Sat. Oct. 30th). For more information, visit HolstAcres.com.
- Dare to go into the Haunted Hidden Hollows of the Backwoods Bayou? Well, if you are brave, you CAN if you head to Paul Bunyanland on Fri. & Sat. Oct. 22 & 23 (and 29 & 30). Central Minnesota’s largest haunted attraction will be open from 7:00-10:00 each night. Concessions available. Tickets to tour the 3-story haunted house are $12… Tickets for the 14 acre corn maze are $16…. Or get both for $26. For more information, go online to Hidden-Hollows.com.
- The Midwest’s premiere Doo-Wop, Rockabilly and Rock & Roll band, The WhiteSideWalls, will present their Rock & Roll Revue on Fri. Oct. 22nd at the Falls Ballroom in Little Falls. The event is presented by St. Gabriel’s Hospital Advocates and will feature great music and a cash bar. Tickets are $25 in advance…. $30 at the door. You can purchase tickets at St. Gabriel’s Hospital Gift Shop.
- The Northland Arboretum in Brainerd will host its annual Haunted Trail staring Thurs. Oct. 21st through Sat. Oct. 23rd outside on the grounds of the Arb. From 6:30 to 7:30 each night, the trail will be NOT as scary and will include games for fun, but from 7:30 to 9:00, it’s high scare! Concessions will be available. You must purchase tickets in advance… $15 for Arb members….. $17 for non-members. Tickets will be $20 at the door….or get the fast pass for $25. Get tickets online now at NorthlandArb.org and click on events.
- The Pine Grove Zoo in Little Falls is excited to announce BooFest which will be held on Sat. Oct. 23rd from 3:00-6:00 at the zoo. This family fun events is a unique combination of Pine Grove Zoo’s infamous Zoo Boo and their previous ZooFest event. Along with candy being handed out, there will also be a 35-foot inflatable obstacle course, inflatable football throw, 3-Hole Inflatable Mini Golf Course, a 45-food Adventure Crawl, jump houses, games and activities. They have also increased the size and spookiness of their Haunted House. The cost is $5/person (age1 and under is free…and because this is a fundraiser, memberships do not apply.) Get your tickets by calling 320-616-5595 or by stopping by their admissions area Thurs-Sun, 9:00-4:00. You may also order them online and learn more at PineGroveZoo.com.
- Aitkin United Methodist Church is hosting their annual Trunk Or Treat event on Sun. Oct. 24th from 3:00-5:00. Arrive in costume and please bring a bag or bucket. Play some games, have fun, take photos and get some candy!
- The Nisswa Legion will host a Dungeon of Doom Haunted House on Fri. & Sat. Oct. 29th & 30th from 7:00 to 10:00 each night. The cost is $5 to stroll through the dungeon – NO KIDS UNDER 13 will be allowed. The annual Adult Halloween Party will also be underway that will include a DJ, games, prizes, snacks and Tarot Card Readings! A costume contest will take place at 10:00pm with prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
- Pequot Lakes Area Businesses are inviting kids to Trick or Treat around the town on Sat. Oct. 30th from 10:00-12:00. If you see a Candy Corn sticker on a business’s door that day, stop in for a treat! Also enjoy juice and s’mores at a bonfire in Trailside Park, hosted by Miss Pequot Lakes Royalty. The event is free!
- Destination Downtown Brainerd will host its Spooktacular event on Sat. Oct. 30th in downtown Brainerd starting at 11:00 with a Monster Mash! Kids can be in a costume parade and contest at 11:30, enjoy Trick or Treating at participating business from 12:00-2:00 and also enjoy live music, food and kids activities until 3:00 on South Seventh Street. For more info, go to Facebook and search Destination Downtown Brainerd.
- Bring the kids Trunk Or Treating at The Woods B Merri parking lot on Sat. Oct. 30th from 12:00-2:00. It’s a free, safe and fun event for kids! Wear a costume and fill your bucket with treats. They’ll have a cotton candy machine, popcorn, treats and you can also meet adoptable pets from The Babinski Foundation who are looking for forever homes! Bring your pet in costume for the Pet Costume Parade at 2:00! Then in the evening, it’s fun for adults… from 6:00-10:00, they’ll host a costume contest and party with music by Dos Guys. Prizes will be awarded for best costume!
- The Northland Arboretum will host a Low Scare Trail and a Trunk-Or-Treat event at the Arb on Sat. Oct. 30th from 4:00-6:00. Experience haunted thrills like The Great Pumpkin, Underwater World, Jurassic Park, The Nightmare Before Christmas and more. This is an outdoor event. The cost is $5/person and T-shirts and Finger Flashlights will be for sale. Visit NorthlandArb.org for more information.
- The Cuyuna Range Youth Center will host a Halloween Costume Dance Party on Sat. Oct. 30 from 6:00-10:00pm. Doors will open at 5:00, with food and music starting at 6:00. The entry cost is $3. There will be prize drawings, a photo booth, a raffle and more! Money raised will be used for future events and improvements at the CRYC. For more information, visit Facebook and search Cuyuna Range Youth Center.
- Join the fun at the 23rd Annual Nisswa Fire Department’s Haunted Barn and Hayrides event on Sat. Oct. 30th in Nisswa! From 5:00-6:00, it will be “not so scary,” but from 6:00-8:00, it will be very scary! Also enjoy a bon fire, games and concessions… a free will donation to the Nisswa Fire Department will be accepted at the gate. The grounds are at 8089 Gardenview Road in Nisswa – just follow the signs!
- The Pequot Lakes Police Department invites kids to its 1st Annual Trunk-Or-Treat event on Sun. Oct. 31st in the parking lot of Pequot Lakes City Hall. Starting at 2:00, they will have candy and non-food treats available for kids.
- The Activities Department at Cuyuna Regional Medical Center in Crosby will host a Trick-Or-Treat Parade outside of their care facility on Sun. Oct. 31st where residents will stay in their rooms, but be able to watch the kiddos outside searching the grounds for sugary and spooky delights! Stations will be set up outside residents’ windows with self-serve candy. The stations will be at least 6 feet apart for safety. Kids ages 10 and younger are invited to participate and will gather at the back of the Care Center at 5:00 and will be able to trick or treat until 6:00. For more info, log on to www.CuyunaMed.org.
- The Nisswa Lions Club invites kids to a Halloween Trick or Treat event on Sun. Oct. 31st. from 2:00-4:00 in the parking lot of Schaefer’s Foods in Nisswa. Free hot dogs and candy will be given out to kids 12 and under. There will be a free-will donation for ages over 12 to get a hot dog. For more information, visit NisswaLions.org.
- The Nisswa Legion Auxiliary and Post will present its annual Children’s Halloween Party on Sun. Oct. 31st from 1:00-3:00. The event will be held in the lower level parking lot of the Nisswa Legion. Treats, hot dogs, prizes and fun await. Accompanied children 10 years old and younger are invited.
- Lutheran Church of the Cross in Nisswa will host a Trunk Or Treat event on Sun. Oct. 31st in the front parking lot of the church. Lots of treats will be handed out between 3:00-4:30. The church is located behind Schaefer’s Foods on the north side of County Road 13.
- Schaefer’s Foods in Nisswa will have their 2nd Annual Halloween Treats for Kids event on Sun. Oct. 31st from 2:00-4:00. The will not only have candy, but hot dogs too!!!!!
- If you live in the Garrison area and plan to Trick or Treat, stop by the Garrison VFW because the Ladies Auxiliary will have treat bags for all the little goblins that stop by! They’ll be up and running from 4:00-7:00 on Sun. Oct. 31st.
- The Assembly of God Church in Crosby will host a Trunk or Treat night on Sun. Oct. 31st from 4:00-6:00 in the church parking lot. Come in costume and enjoy the fun!
- The Church of the Nazarene in Backus are inviting kids to Trunk or Treat in their parking lot on Sun. Oct. 31st from 4:30-6:00. They will pass out candy and have hot dogs, chips and hot chocolate.