At the annual Brainerd Lakes Chamber Celebration of Excellence, it was announced that Knotty Pine Bakery won the 2018 Brainerd Destination Downtown Business Challenge.
Marie Kirsch will be bringing her business into downtown Brainerd as she beat out Sourdough Sam’s and BluPaisley for the award. Knotty Pine Bakery will receive a rewards package that includes such things as:
- Branding & Marketing Package (Deluxe Branded Marketing)
- Architectural Services (Widseth Smith Nolting)
- Leasing Subsidy (Brainerd HRA)
- Logo Wear & Promotional Products (The Teehive)
- Health & Fitness Membership (Brainerd Family YMCA)
- Radio Advertising (Hubbard Radio)
- Newspaper Advertising (Brainerd Dispatch)
- Internet Services (CTC)
- Site Selection Consulting (Close-Converse)
- Legal Services (CliftonLarsonAllen)
- Chamber of Commerce Services (Brainerd Lakes Chamber)
- Business Planning Services (Brainerd Lakes Area Economic Development Corp. & Small Business Development Center)
The blurb for Knotty Pine Bakery on the Destination Downtown website noted a homestyle bakery with local ingredients.
Will Brainerd finally welcome the bakery that our community craves? Marie Kirsch hopes so. Already a farmer’s market sensation, she would move Knotty Pine Bakery from her home kitchen to a sweet downtown storefront. Customers could tempt their taste buds with a variety of artisan breads, scratch-made confections, and signature pies with hand-rolled butter pastry and fillings from local farms and orchards. With custom desserts and baking classes rounding out the menu, Marie’s business idea would warm hearts in Downtown Brainerd.