Who’s in the mood for some comfort food? I have found that being a bachelor, a slow cooker is our best friend. So I thought I would share this quick and easy recipe.
Slow Cooker Cajun Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 pound smoked sausage sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons coarse Cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 pound of uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 5 0z freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Pat chicken breasts dry and season with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Heat olive oil over high heat and quickly sear chicken breast on both sides.
- Add chicken breast, sausage, heavy cream, chicken broth, butter, garlic cloves, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, Cajun seasoning and pepper to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours or high for 2-3 hours until chicken has reached 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside to cool and slice.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of hot water and uncooked penne pasta, cover and cook on high for about 30 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Once pasta is tender, stir in parmesan cheese sliced chicken with a little more salt and pepper to taste.